Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Faster than Dr. Love's Medicine Bag, Swifter than the VCR Man's Rewind Button...Chef Keith Arthur

Ok, I've had a day of rest here. First came the tale of Dr. Love. Now the VCR repairman...not quite as lengthy as Dr. Love. But along the same line of thought.

Not long after Dr. Love appeared, along came TA-TA-DA....VCR Repairman. Once again, "he" appeared at my apt door. Once again, it took more than one blonde moment to realize who "he" was. I mean, who expects a man to come to your rescue in the middle of the evening...DARK OUTSIDE...to repair ANYthing. Handsome dude, though. Had to have been 'cause now I can't recall if he brought the VCR with him or just repaired one I had.I'm sure VCR repairman will call me on this one. It's not that he wasn't memorable. The problem was...HE WAS! He looked quite handsome in that repairman's suit. Must be something like what men in the armed services' uniforms must look to some women. Just not to me..until now. Whenever he finished whatever had to be done to the VCR, we enjoyed a movie. Little did I know THEN what a movie aficionado my soon-to-be hubby was!(IS!!!)

You may wonder what gives with all the dress-up. Is my hubby just one of those "let's dress up & have fun" kinda guys?? Well, I believe he could be...EASILY! You see, he's been an actor, writer, producer, director for the past twenty years. He owned Future Productions...actually still does in name...up until last year when he retired. After I met him & married him, I began acting with him, too. I'll have to remember to post my fav pic of us from that time. My character was an aging rock star trying to make a comeback with her group, and Keith's character was a music critic from a magazine We staged the murder mysteries at the Gibson Inn in Apalachicola, Florida. Now one of our former actors has taken it over for us. (His company is Clark & Dagger...get it??? Cloak & dagger???.... a name I'm proud to have come up with...) But we had quite a few fun & CRAZY times up there. Check out the tag below. So you see, dressing up is nothing new to this family.

Suddenly, though, for those romantics at heart following this long story...just yesterday, along comes "Chef Keith Arthur". I had to ask Keith if he'd make dinner for us before I couldget home. Our "third in braces" had another orthodontist apptmt. I got the following email from him at work:

"First, there was Dr. Love, then the VCR Repairman, and now 'tis, Chef Keith Arthur (use French accent..I guess that'd be Chevvvv Ket ArTHUR)- plenty of shepherd's pie and pizza leftover."

HA!!! My kind of chef! Quick, to the point, and a wee bit easy, if I say so myself! ;->

Well, I must say...at least Dr. Love/VCR Repairman/Chef Keith Arthur is truly a versatile man! 

And he DID finally figure out how to add me to his blog list. 

Morning, Sweetheart...I adore you!

sher  

No comments: