Friday, October 10, 2008

Chi-CA-go...Chi-CA-go...

We're off to Chicago this coming week! I'm so excited! I visited friends there this summer. Now we're going there on some business for the same friends & are planning on making good use of the time for pleasure, as well. Two of our good greyhound friends, Emily & Lynn (see Emily Rutledge, artist, in my fav sites to the right), live in Chicago. They are going on a trip & have asked us to look after their greyhounds while they're gone. They have graciously allowed us the use of their downtown condo during that time while we're there. I can't wait to see them again. They're such "greyt" folks! I also can't wait to show Keith some of the things Em & Lynn showed me while there last, as well as explore some other interesting sites we both HAVEN'T seen yet.



I think we really need this trip. It's so cool how things are just all working together for it. I miss having Emily & Lynn around since they moved to Chicago, and Keith & I haven't had a lot of downtime together. There has been so much going on, both at work & at home, not all of it good. Our school was rated an "F" this past year, through what I feel was no fault of the faculty. It's my first year with them, but I really think they have their act together, and it's a shame that the entire school is going through county & state inspections because of ONE test.

We don't grade STUDENTS that way...so why in the hell do we grade SCHOOLS that way?? Wonders never cease! Whatever happened to "practice what you preach"??

Gotta run....

Tired...been staying up late since the debates this past week.

Oh yeah...almost forgot to say:

GO, OBAMA!!!! Wooohoooo!

G'nite...

sher

No comments: