Sunday, October 12, 2008

Almost Time...

Well, in 24 hours we'll be sitting somewhere in Chicago having dinner with our friends, Lynn & Emily. (You can see her paintings by clicking on her link to the right.) I'm very excited to be going back to Chicago. Hubby sent me there to visit this summer so I'd have a chance to recharge before school started again. Now I find I need another recharge. I'm looking forward to showing my hubby some of the places that Em & Lynn introduced me to, and then sitting back at night with a good glass of Lynn's homemade sangria. YUM! They are such sweethearts! We'll be watching their greyhounds while they're away on a vacation & using their condo as homebase while we are there. Meanwhile, back on the ranch, my mother-in-law & our older son (one of our twenty-something-year-olds) will be watching our teens & OUR greyhounds at home.
Lynn & Em have graciously offered us the use of their computer while we're up there. So I hope to post our daily happenings each night upon our return. We'll be staying in the heart of downtown Chicago, so there will be loads to see & plenty of good eats!
Coming up...Day 1: Flying in to Chicago
~sher

No comments: